Saturday, November 27, 2010

The light onto my feet

So I been throwing around ideas of what to do next with what little I have to dedicate to keep rolling. I would like a gas scooter for my wife, and a gas motorcycle for my kids to grow into, but it keeps coming to my attention that they don't even desire these things for themselves. So it was made clear to me today when the bill came to keep my Katana insured that I needed to focus my attention and effort on the motorcycle God had provided me. The rear tire is shot, it's faded and cracked in places, and I just found out there's a ton of fancy parts to dress it up. I haven't even got into the neon lights yet. I've been told that my Katana is just a way for me to pretend I'm young, but that's not how I see it. I see my bike as a ministry tool. People always as "Why did you buy a rocket?" It was the cheapest, fastest, best condition thing I could find. The other thing is all the reviews I could find said this motor is bulletproof and should last over 150 thousand miles. Fingers crossed. So what does a Hot Rod Christian do with a rocket motorcycle? Cover it in stickers that reflect who he is. It's the fastest way to change the attitude of your stuff, cover it in things you endorse.

The other thing is that I keep facing this unsure future. The only thing I'm fairly certain about is we will get to keep our home and I will get to keep my bike. My mission in life is to figure out how that's going to happen and keep thanking God for giving me so much in life. I do miss kickstarting Bessie though. One of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment