Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Riding in the yard

Like a caged tiger I circle my pen of my yard ever watching for a chance to take my motorcycle out on the street. It's not registered, it most likely can't be registered, but still I deliver a quick kick and with a roar the beast awakens to stalk the edges of the yard once again. Then once satisfied that the open road is still unobtainable the CB125 putters to rest once more in the dark corner of the garage.

Winter is coming and it makes me frantic every year, wondering weather this or that will get done. Will the car hold together through this one, will I crack over the cold and blustery landscape engulfing my home? How long until we're all riding bike in the house once again? The leaves falling and covering the ground, reducing traction, serve to prepare us all for the impending snow and ice that will once again test the limits of our driving abilities.

So many things run through my head while I'm riding in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment